We made this cake for a recent birthday and LOVED it!!! This recipe is by Stacey, and you can find it at beautyandthefoodie.com.
Instead of lemon zest and lemon extract, we used lemon essential oil. YUM!
Paleo Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake
Prep time: 12 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Total time: 42 mins
Paleo Lemon Blueberry Poke Cake is a simple and easy to make cake that is grain free and has a low carb version.
- ½ cup coconut flour, sifted
- 3 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 ½ Tbsp. coconut oil, melted or grass fed butter, melted
- Sweetener of choice: ⅓ cup Organic maple syrup or honey, or for low carb use ⅓ cup
- 1 tsp. lemon extract (organic GF kind)
- ½ tsp. baking soda + 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar, mixed in separate pinch bowl (should be very fizzy)
- ½ cup blueberries * optional
Lemon Ice Glaze:
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil or butter, melted
- 1½ Tbsp. coconut butter, melted
- 1 ½ Tbsp. unsweetened coconut milk
- 1½ Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ tsp. lemon extract (organic GF kind)
- 2 tsp. lemon zest
- Sweetener of choice: 1 ½ to 2 Tbsp. honey for paleo, or for low carb use 2 Tbsp. erythritol, or 1/3 tsp. liquid stevia
- Preheat oven to 350 F, and grease or oil a 9” round cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl combine: all the first 8 cake ingredients. Stir together thoroughly, breaking up any coconut flour clumps. Add in baking soda- vinegar mixture and stir.
- Gently add and mix in the blueberries.
- Spoon cake batter into prepared pan and spread around evenly.
- Bake in 350 F oven for 30 minutes or until center is firm.
- Remove cake from oven and let cool for 10 minutes while you make the lemon ice glaze.
- Heat a small sauce pan over low heat and melt: coconut oil or butter, and coconut butter. Stir the mixture as it melts and break up any coconut butter clumps.
- Once melted, remove from heat and add all the rest of the lemon ice glaze ingredients. Stir the glaze thoroughly until well mixed and set aside to cool.
- Use a metal or wooden skewer, or large toothpick to poke holes all over the cake. Be sure to poke all the way down to the bottom of cake.
- Spoon or pour lemon ice glaze all over the top of cake, making sure to cover well. Use the back of a spoon to spread around evenly.
- Let cake cool and glaze set awhile. Should only take 5 minutes or so for glaze to solidify a bit.
- Slice and serve. Unused portions should be stored in the fridge.
We hope you enjoy this cake as much as we did.
Disclosure of Material Connection: I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.” Some links in this post are affiliate links.
The information contained on this website is educational in nature and is provided only as general information. The information presented on this website is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or psychological disorder. The information herein is not a substitute for medical or psychological treatment. Any stories or testimonials presented on this website do not constitute a warranty, guarantee, or prediction regarding outcomes for any particular issue. While all materials and links to other resources are posted in good faith, the accuracy, validity, effectiveness, completeness, or usefulness of any information herein or from an affiliate cannot be guaranteed. The founders of healingyourfamily.com accept no responsibility or liability whatsoever for the use or misuse of information contained on this website. We strongly advise that you seek professional advice, as appropriate, before making any health decision.