In my opinion, there’s nothing better than journal prompts to use while recording one’s personal history. An overwhelming task, broken down into bite-sized chunks, becomes totally manageable.
This year I am participating in the #52Stories Project from FamilySearch.org. in order to become a positive INfluence on my family’s inter-generational narrative. Will you join me?
Follow a weekly prompt to write down just one story every week for a year. By the end of a year, you will be 52 steps and 52 stories closer to having written your personal history.
Don’t worry about missing some prompts. Start wherever you are.
I use Personal Historian 2 Software to record and organize my personal history by topic as well as my daily journal entries.
Challenge: Write down the details of your life to “define the dash” that exists between your birth date and death date.
Here are the #52Stories life journey prompts for January through March:
January Theme: Goals and Achievements. Click here for questions to answer for January.
February Theme: Love and Friendship. Click here for questions to answer for February.
March Theme: Occupations and Hobbies. Click here for questions to answer for March.
As you write your Life’s Journey experiences as TODAY’s ChangeMaker™
- It will help you see and evaluate your own life more clearly.
- It will provide INcouragement and awareness for your loved ones who come after you.
- Family members, including your posterity, will be able to become acquainted with who you really are, not just with who you seem to be, because your thoughts and feelings will be accurate since they come straight from you
- Some of your loved ones may be able to avoid some pitfalls because of the lessons you’ve learned and passed to them through your written words and through your experiences.
- You are helping to light the path and lead the way for them to follow, as you gain and maintain physical, emotional and spiritual security for yourself in this topsy-turvy world.
Do not be afraid of your imperfections. You are not your history. You may be the catalyst for positive change your family line is waiting for.
Ready, Set, GROW!
Heal the heartbreak of dysfunction and stress in yourself and your family line.
End the isolation of feeling alone in your journey to create positive change with these helpful classes, coaching and small group connections.
Check out our ReNEW YOU Classes and Joyful Breakthrough Membership Circles.
Personal and Family History Tool Tip of the Week
Flip-Pal™ mobile scanner – Portable, easy flip-and-scan-technology. You can even scan pictures in the frame or while they remain in their photo albums! I sit on the sofa in comfort and scan to my hearts delight. My grandson’s love to help.
Note: TODAY’s ChangeMakers™ are sincere, determined men and women who do not give up on creating positive change—in spite of obstacles. If you haven’t already done so, I invite you to officially JOIN THE QUEST at Family Tree Quest.com.
Disclosure of Material Connection: In accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising,” I am disclosing that I am the owner or a compensated affiliate of the hyperlinked companies, websites, ebooks, classes and membership circles mentioned in this post.